May 27, 2010

Thursday & I'm Thankful

As every human being in existence experiences the feeling of being overwhelmed at some point, today I had my moment. This last month has been very eventful and really trying. Nothing monumental happened to 'push me over the edge' to the point that I was feeling overwhelmed. I think it was just a culmination of everything that has happened in the past few weeks and my perfectionist self not having complete control.

It didn't involve getting angry or breaking down and crying.. just the realization that, at that moment, I was not happy. So, I closed my eyes, I look a deep breath, I said a little prayer, and I felt better. I know that nothing will happen in my life that I can't handle. I know that I have a million things to be happy about for every one thing that I'm not.

The more we focus on the positive, the better we feel. So, I am starting "Thankful Thursday" on my blog.


Among the many blessings I have, I am thankful for:

  • The breeze blowing though my window
  • The rain that makes everything smell fresh and new again
  • Playing 'Go Fish' with my kids
  • Cookie Dough
  • Always having someone to make me laugh
  • My long weekend for Memorial Day
  • Eggs from my Mom's chickens
  • Veggies growing in my garden
  • The beautiful yellow rose in the vase in my bedroom (from the rose bush in the backyard)
  • The purple flower Jackson gave me for Mother's Day is blooming and I see it every time I walk up to my front door <3

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...