Jun 2, 2011

Little moments

My kids had the stomach flu this week. Luckily, it was just a 24 hour bug. Also lucky that I managed to not get it as well. It's amazing how quickly us moms wake from a deep slumber at the sound of our kids being sick. Being supportive, compassionate, and patient at 4:30 in the morning while cleaning up vomit is something that comes from deep.... very deep within. Thank God for those maternal instincts. But I thank God as well for those little things that lift us up and encourage us. After cleaning up my bed & carpet, I walk into the bathroom to check on Jackson again. We are both exhausted and just want to sleep. Jackson looks and me, and in the sweetest little voice I have ever heard, he said, "I'm sorry I threw up on your bed Mom".  I felt so bad that he was sick and it just melted my heart that he felt so terrible yet was worried about me cleaning up after him.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...