Jan 7, 2015

Ashleigh's 17th Birthday

Ashleigh at 17:

 What is your favorite color? Purple

What is your favorite animal? All animals, not insects

What is your favorite food? Sushi

What do  you want to be when you grow up? I don't know, maybe a Physical Therapist

What is your favorite book? The Glass Castle (Jeannette Walls)

What is your favorite song? Budapest (George Ezra)

What is your favorite TV show? Grays Anatomy, Revenge and The Office

What was your biggest accomplishment this last year? Making Advanced Theater (at school) and getting a job

What is your favorite season? Summer Why? No school

Where would you most like to go for vacation ? Hawaii or Europe

What is your favorite thing to do? Watch Netflix and hang out with my peeps

Where do you like to go for dinner? Any good Sushi place

Who is your best friend? McKaida  a.k.a. Keeda



Ashleigh's best friend, McKaida, coordinated a birthday surprise for Ash the weekend before her birthday. Ashleigh thought McKaida was working all day and the plan was a late night movie night at our house. I texted McKaida once Ash and I were out of the house. I took her to the grocery store for "movie snacks" and a couple Redbox movies while McKaida and Amanda came over and decorated Ash's room with tons of balloons and party poppers.

When we got home, I told Ash to go turn her bedroom light off since she had left it on. She had no idea her friends were hiding in her room with plans to sweep her away on an adventure for the weekend!

Her reaction was fantastic; she was thrilled! I handed McKaida an overnight bag I had packed for Ashleigh and they were off.



Ashleigh's adventure started with a Sushi dinner across town, then a movie night at a local theater. They also got vouchers for massages at the Utah Collage of Massage Therapy for the next day after their sleepover.

Ashleigh had a blast. I love that she has such great friends!  A few days later, on her birthday, Ashleigh opened gifts from us, Russ's parents and my Mom and Stepdad. Then headed out to a new Sushi restaurant Ash and I had discovered on an impromptu Mom & Daughter date a couple months ago.


 



  The boys (Jackson and Russ) aren't huge fans of Sushi, so Sakana Sushi Bar was perfect because the boys could order steak. Sakana had a roll we had never seen before called, the Fresh Roll  (salmon, yellowtail, crab, tobiko and avocado wrapped in cucumber and topped with ponzu sauce). Ash and I decided we would go back again just for that particular roll, It was delicious. Banana's Foster for dessert and an order of green tea ice cream. Yum.


 I can't believe she is 17. Almost a full blown adult! I absolutely love having her in my life and thank God for her everyday. I hope she has an amazing year.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...