Oct 25, 2009

A List

After watching Julie&Julia with my Mom and Aunt recently, I am inspired to start Blogging again.

So, here I am... Sunday evening, in all my sweatshirt-ponytail-no makeup glory. I have been in a slump this last week. Not a HUGE slump in which I eat peanut butter for dinner and feel the despair of the world closing in. Just a small slump which I'm bored with the same old same old that most of us deal with at one time in our lives or another. You know, the old 'day late', 'dollar short', and normal stresses from work, kids and a never ending messy house... that kind of slump.

With that being said, it's time to revamp things a bit. I'll start with a list:
  • Find a system that WORKS for the kids to keep the house clean
  • Plan some quick & easy meals for dinner
  • Fix the leaky pipe under the sink so I can use my dishwasher again
  • Get a copy of the laundry room (which is downstairs but always locked since my brother lives down there) key so it's not such a pain to do the wash.
  • Make chore charts for the kids...but stick with it this time so the kids can earn allowance (easily ties into the first item on the list)
  • Get new flooring for the Kitchen
  • Have the new cooktop I bought a month ago installed
  • Find an inexpensive chimney service so I can actually use any of the 3 fireplaces I have in my house this year
  • Do the finish work on the window that was installed in my bedroom recently
  • Look into duct cleaning services to come out after my new furnace is installed next weekend - done (company installing the furnace does that also and will give me a discount)
  • Research what local companies are charging for logo and webiste design 
  • Makeover my own website
  • Start marketing my design services
  • Schedule another charity pickup for things we are getting rid of 
There we go... a starting point. I am giving myself a month. I have a list of future things I am keeping in the back of my mind also.
  • New flooring in the whole house
  • Remodel both bathrooms
  • Organize the garage with shelving
  • New kitchen countertops
baby steps though. I did go through Jackson's room with him earlier today and got rid of clothes and toys he no longer uses. It was quite productive. Then spent an hour or two on the computer looking at everything from new logo and business card ideas to tile and faucets for the bathrooms. It was overwhelming yet inspiring at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. Good job, hun. I'm proud of you for not only making a to do list, but also cleaning Jackson's room. You're amazing and I'm so lucky to have you.. Not only do you make me happy but you keep me motivated; most importantly I love you.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...