Oct 27, 2009

Pumpkin Guts

I checked something off the list tonight. *pats myself on the back* I love progress, even if it's baby steps.

After our first snow of the season today, the kids and I carved the pumpkins we got from Grandpa Madsen's garden. I think Ashleigh picked the heaviest pumpkin there was. I'm pretty sure it weighed as much as Jackson! It took us 20 min to get the top off of it because the pumpkin was so thick and there were a ton of 'pumpkin guts' holding the lid on. R.I.P. to the kitchen knife that broke off at the handle trying to wrestle with that darn lid.

After all was said and done, the jack'o lanterns turned out very cute. We rolled up all the slimy guts in the newspaper that we had covered the table in, and washed off a few handfuls of seeds... which we roasted (and I am snacking on as we speak). I think it's time for warm PJ's and I'm going to try to get to bed early tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...