Oct 16, 2010

Bountiful Basket

This mornings basket:
  • 2 bunches of Onions
  • 1 bunch of Broccoli
  • 4 Cucumbers
  • 3 Squash
  • 4 Tomatoes
  • 1 head of Lettuce (not in picture)
  • 1 Cantaloupe
  • 3 Pomegranates
  • 7 Oranges
  • 9 Bananas
  • 9 Apples
  • Green Seedless Grapes


This last week was great. We baked roasted garlic cauliflower and it was absolutely delicious! Ashleigh and I ate the entire bunch for dinner one night. I have never liked cauliflower in my entire life so I was shocked when it was so good! I was planning on making Ratatouille with our eggplant and zucchini & watching the movie Ratatouille for our family night but I couldn't get my hands on the movie in time. I didn't want the eggplant to go bad so I ended up frying it & topping with mozzarella melted on top and it was yummy! I will have to save my Ratatouille idea for next time. I made sautéed apples for dessert one night and added figs & chopped walnuts.  I have apples coming out my ears now since we got 9 more in our basket this morning. I feel a pie coming up this week and maybe some apple sauce.

I would have to say the meal that stole the show for the week was Chicken Cordon Bleu. It was amazing! The cream sauce was to die for. Ashleigh said it was better than any Chicken Cordon Bleu she'd had in restaurants and I would have to agree. We paired it with broccoli and garlic bread. Through out the meal, our dining room was filled with sounds of "mmmm" "ahhhh" and "oh my goodness"... it was THAT good.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...