Feb 2, 2012

Me time.

Uhh. You would think today was a Monday. Work was terrible. I felt like I was just the household chauffeur tonight and an unappreciated one at that. I didn't have dinner planned so we stopped at Taco Time on the way home from karate. I was in a bad mood so nothing sounded good but I was thirsty. I ordered a cherry limeade thinking it would be light and refreshing. Wrong. It was a cherry but with a funky flavor and a spicy after taste. Yuck. I like to cook so dinner from a drive through did not help my mood.

I ate kale chips for dinner. I also keep taking swigs of my drink with hopes it would get better. It didn't. The cup is sitting on the dining room table as we speak. It's about half way full still and that's after sharing with any one else at the table that wanted some... they didn't care for it either.

Working out does put me in a good mood but I've been lazy about it lately. I just typed 'lately' but feel free to read that as 'for months' because that would be much more accurate. I did work out after dinner though and I felt better. Accomplished.

Jackson was in bed by 9:00 and Ashleigh at 9:30, allowing me to hit the shower around 10.  Rusty was playing a game online with some of our friends and Copper was happily napping in his lap. Wow, some alone time. I took an extra long, extra hot shower and it was blissful. I realized that I need to take more time for myself. I need to take time to rejuvenate.

I've been on auto pilot this week, I can tell because the week is almost over and I'm sitting here wondering where the time has gone. As of tonight, I'm back to manual mode and slowing down a bit to enjoy. I need to make 'me time' a priority. Even just 20 minutes goes a long way. I feel refueled and relaxed... and ready for bed. A good nights sleep needs to become a priority again too because going to bed after midnight every night makes for very hard mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...