Jun 7, 2012

Thankful Thursday


I cannot believe it's June already! I'm sitting here trying to think of some witty comment about how fast this year is going by and Jackson just announced to me that he's getting married. Thank goodness he's talking about his character in a video game but I found it quite ironic. I'm sure both my kids will be grown before I know it, but for now, I just want to make sure they have a fun summer. I think we are off to a good start with multiple sleepovers, BBQs, bonfires & popsicles.. and they haven't even been out of school for a full week yet.

I'm determined to get out and make the most of the summer.  I'm looking forward to all sorts of fun events throughout the Salt Lake valley and the adventures of camping with a six month old puppy (which I have determined is the equivalent to a toddler's terrible two's).  I am glad the work week is almost over and I have the weekend off.



Of the many blessings I have, here are a few things I am thankful for today:


  • Slushies, snow cones & popsicles
  • Fans & AC
  • Fresh fruit - especially nectarines 
  • Ladybugs - for eating the aphids in my garden
  • Joint compound - I am "attempting" to fill in the lines of the paneling in my living room before painting it in hopes that it will look better. I think the previous owners of my house were trying to be very thrifty for this room addition by using exterior wood paneling on two of the walls
  • Grilled veggies and even more importantly, my picky eater enjoying them also
  • The guys at Pep Boys that fixed my flat tire tonight, in less than 20 min, while my groceries sat in the back seat - that was not a nice surprise to see walking out of the grocery store

Jackson is still playing his game, he's chopping wood to build a house and just told our dog, "I got married Copper, It's exhausting". He cracks me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...