Jul 14, 2012


Jackson was a part of Taylorsville Dayzz parade with his karate dojo as part of our 4th of July celebration. I have to admit, I had not been to a parade in years but we had such a fun time and I'd like to start going again!  The temperature was supposed to get to 100 degrees so I was very thankful the parade was in the morning. Jackson needed to be there at 8 am so the night before I baked a dozen blueberry muffins and put together a fruit salad to take with us in the morning.

I am going to take some of the entree's lead to stay cool next time and bring a spray bottle with water for a refreshing mist.

There were some fun & strange entries in the parade. It was really entertaining. Without knowing it, we eneded up sitting close to the announcer so it was great to hear about each entry.



I forgot how much candy you get!



Of course the star of the parade was Jackson! The kids all looked great and were performing hard even after nearly two miles and two hours in the sun.


 Jackson got to show off his nunchuck skills many times. He also got to break some wooden boards.


 Jackson loved it! He wants to participate again next year. Since we sat towards the end of the parade route, I met him at the end of the parade and brought him back to our spot to watch the rest of the parade. My mom poured a bottle of water over his head to cool him down and he enjoyed some muffins, oranges & berries. I'm glad he had such a fun time.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...