Jan 3, 2013

Promotion!


I was hating my job. I would dread getting out of bed in the morning knowing I would be spending a big chunk of my day doing something I didn't enjoy. The boss I loved moved to a different department. My new boss made my job more frustrating than it ever should have been. We got a new department manager and everything we had been working towards for the last 3+ years changed. Only to have it all change back again within months because of all the headaches and problems our new process was causing. I was ready to throw in the towel. It's an amazing company to work for but my stress level and being unhappy was not worth it. The second my alarm went off my anxiety was through the roof and was making for some rough mornings.

Then, something amazing happened. I took a leap of faith. After working on the credit card side of my company for almost 7 years. I applied for a job on the banking side. A position opened up that usually needs years of experience however, they were willing to train the right people. Who knew, I would be one of those people. I was promoted. I'm about half way though training and I love my job.

I almost didn't apply. It's scary to try something new, especially as an adult with a family to support. Life is too short to be unhappy. The stars aligned, my prayers were answered, good karma coming back to me.... it was just perfect timing. Between my family and my kid's dad and step mom.. we have been able to pick up my kids while I am in training (which is full time) and without their help, I would not have been able to take this new position. I am very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...