Jul 9, 2014

Birthday & Backyard Campout



My work schedule has been relentless. I have had to work the last 8 out of 9 weekends. Unfortunately, my boyfriend also works weekends and we never seem to have the same weekend off. Sadly that means we haven't been able to go out of town and no camping.

I love to go camping and we usually go for my Birthday. I've missed going this year so we decided to campout in the backyard. I was worried the kids would think it was dumb and boring but it was actually really fun.  We had tinfoil packets for dinner, then s'mores and sparklers.

Russ had to work in the morning so he headed inside after smores. The kids and I looked for the cheesiest movie we could possible find on Netflix and watched it on the iPad along with our favorite camping snacks.



 It was wonderful to wake up on my birthday to fresh air, sunshine and birds chirping.  We enjoyed tinfoil breakfasts with hash browns & sausage over the campfire.



 I was surprised to get Edible Arrangements delivered from my Mom and a package showed up on the porch from Russ' parents. Russ brought home flowers and cake after work in addition to getting me a NEW COMPUTER! I am a proud owner of a Macbook Pro and therefore catching up on 8 months of blogging after my laptop crashed on me. I felt very spoiled.






No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...