Jun 14, 2010

I miss my kids

The kids are at their Dad's for the summer. I talk to them every night. Every Thursday we go out for a family date night for a couple hours. We spend some of the weekends together. But I still miss them like crazy.

I miss seeing their beautiful faces every day. I miss their smiles, their voices, and especially their laugh. I miss hugging them. I miss reading together every night. I miss saying prayers together and tucking them in every night. I miss Ashleigh asking my advise on the latest drama between her friends. I miss talking to her, even when when she asks me those "embarrassing" questions about growing up, because I know she feels comfortable talking to me about anything. I miss Jackson always wanting to talk, hang out and play board games & cards. I miss us eating together as a family every night and talking about our day. I miss drawing chalk pictures together in the driveway and sharing all the little things that happen throughout the day.

Does it make me nuts when the house is a mess?... of course. Does it get on my last nerve when they are cranky and fight with each other?... sometimes. But would I trade that for the spotless, quiet house I have now?... In a heartbeat.

I want them to have a close relationship with their Dad. I'm glad they are spending time together but do I hate it that they are gone for the summer?... Absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...