Jul 20, 2010

Comfort when I really needed it

It's always hard when someone important to you passes away. Even if you know it's coming. I had just got back home from camping, I was standing in my room folding laundry when my phone rang. It's was Jay, letting me know that Laurie had just passed away.

Rusty was in town at the time and was sitting across the room from me on the computer. I told him who was on the phone and as the words came out of my mouth that she had passed I started crying. I buried  my face in the shirt I was folding and just sobbed.

He walked over to me, gave me a hug and I cried on his shoulder. I'm so thankful he was here. My kids were still at their Dad's for the summer and I would have been alone. We sat and talked for a while and I cried off and on. He comforted me by talking about when his brother had passed last year and, like his brother, she is out of pain and whole again. Laurie had written to Rusty just weeks before saying that she would love to meet him while he is in town. I'm sad that they didn't get to meet after all. But I'm sure she's looking down on us from heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...