Sep 28, 2010

Thoughts on 30

30 was a scary thought to me. I don't feel 30. Seems like just yesterday I was ridding my bike to my friends house to play Barbies.. yet here I am with even my oldest child having outgrown Barbies herself now.

At 30 years old, I've come to love the color pink. I love to cook & bake. I have accepted the fact that nothing turns out as you plan. I am starting to learn how to stop letting my urge to be a perfectionist get in the way of accomplishing things. I've learned to enjoy the little things. I've learned to pray with an open heart.. often, and be prepared for answers that weren't exactly what I was expecting!

There are no do-overs so I want to make the most of everything. I've always done that for my kids and I need to make sure I keep doing that for myself too. I will cherish every moment. I will take time to smell the flowers. I will take time for me. I will breathe.... deeply if needed haha. I will continue to be thankful for what I have and share those blessings with others when I can. I will continue to work on forgiving the people that have wronged me.

I am happy to be at the place I am. I am happy & healthy and working towards making things even better. Working out every day, eating healthy & getting more sleep because I owe it to myself! Last week, in the middle of remodeling my bathroom I took a break and baked a pie! At that point I had an epiphany that there is honestly nothing I can't do if I put my mind to it, and that, I am proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...