Aug 23, 2011

Rise & Shine


Ahh, mornings. Birds chirping.

 The sun peaking over the mountains.

 Don't we all feel like this when our alarm goes off in the morning? I know I do.


NOT!

 I think it's more like this little guy most mornings.

 It's ok buddy, I know how you feel.



I need a magic remedy to change from a night owl to a morning person. Staying up until midnight and getting up at 6:30 am is catching up to me. It's not as simple as going to bed early when your natural sleep pattern is to stay up late. The sleep deficit is growing and I don't have time to be tired.

So far, I've decided I need something to look forward to when I get out of bed in the morning so it's not such a dreaded affair.  I am willing to bribe myself. Maybe some good coffee or tea or something delicious for breakfast.

 I figure, getting up early to visit with Ashleigh as she gets ready for school doesn't have much merit to it if I am half asleep and wishing I would just go back to bed. I'm going to leave you with some inspiring morning pictures and you can leave me any suggestions you might have.




Namaste


2 comments:

  1. Set your coffee pot on a timer to start brewing right before the alarm off and have a great morning yoga DVD ready. It may take a while to transform from the little guy with the wild hair to the yoga princess, but you may start to enjoy the sun peaking over the mountains and those chirping birds...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do miss yoga. The morning, when the house is still quiet, would be the perfect time to do it. Great way to start off the day too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...