Aug 6, 2011

When the house is sleeping

I've been awake for about an hour. The whole house is still sleeping. There is something so calming about it; everyone peacefully sleeping before the hustle and bustle of the weekend starts.


I opened the windows, and a gentle breeze moves the curtains as if they are dancing, there's an occasional bird chirping, but no neighborhood children playing outside yet, no sounds of traffic, it is so relaxing.


Sitting in the family room, working on a design project, I stopped for a moment to take everything in. This is my favorite room of the house;  big picture windows looking out to the back yard where it's lined with fruit trees, the 'art gallery', a wall filled with art work from my kids and family pictures, the green palm in the corner that's breathing life into the room, I love this room.


A home has different feelings through out the day, I don't think I could pick a favorite, although this tranquil, undisturbed feeling is quite nice.



No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...