Dec 30, 2012

Christmas




I love getting Christmas cards in the mail. I decided they would make perfect decorations this year. Our little trees were decorated head to toe with cards by Christmas morning.



It was a perfect white Christmas. Cozy fire, delicious food and I loved watching my family open their gifts.


Stockings




Opening gifts



Special gift from my Aunt; a baking dish that belonged to my  Grandma Alice


French Toast Casserole












Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter an 8x8 inch baking pan.

Line bottom of pan with bread cubes. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, 2 T of sugar, salt and vanilla. Pour egg mixture over bread. Dot with margarine; let stand for 10 min.

Combine remaining 2 T of sugar with 1 tsp cinnamon and sprinkle over the top. Bake in preheated oven about 45 - 50 minutes, until top is golden.

It's great on it's own but you can add syrup, powered sugar or jam topping.



Copper made getting this picture quite difficult


        

 "Behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy,
 which shall be to all people."
Luke 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...