Nov 5, 2013

Happy Halloween!





Clown & Ringmaster
 Halloween was pretty mellow this year. I took Ashleigh to trick-or-treat with some friends and stay the night (lucky for them the term was over so there was no school on Friday). Jackson decided he was too old to trick-or-treat this year. We did play a fun prank on my Mom though. I had talked to her earlier in the day and she told me she missed seeing the kids all dressed up, she wasn't expecting to see us at all but we were dropping Ashleigh off just a few min away. Jackson trick-or-treated her house while I stayed out of sight to see if she would recognize him all Zombiefied. Jackson and I had come up with an elaborate plan in the car on our way over.. but we were laughing so hard about it, by the time we got to my mom's he couldn't pull it off without breaking his cover!


She didn't recognize him at first but did a bit of a double take thinking he sure looked an awful lot like her grandson. It was pretty funny. We stayed and visited for a bit before Jackson and I headed home. We snuggled up on the couch and watched a movie we got from Redbox, The Croods.



 In the background above you can see Jackson's dragon jack-o-lantern and my owl sitting on the ground. Below is Ashleigh's Tinkerbell (compete with pixie dust) but the picture doesn't really do it justice.

The frugal mom in me is pretty proud of this halloween all together, the kid's costumes were both made from stuff around the house and the pumpkins were all on sale for less then 2 bucks each!



No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...