Nov 4, 2013

Crock Pot Chili


For some reason, crock pot meals seem much more fitting once it gets cold. One of the many reasons I love Autumn so much. I told my Aunt Glory, I would share so here is a chili recipe I came up with last week that my whole family liked. This was a mix of a couple different recipes I found online with the addition of my own touch.

Autumn Chili
1 lb, extra  lean ground beef - can also use ground turkey, chicken or omit entirely for a veggie version
1 small yellow onion (chopped)
1 small red onion (chopped)
1 green bell pepper (chopped)
1 can pinto beans (drained & rinsed)
1 can black beans (drained & rinsed)
1 can kidney beans (drained & rinsed)
1 can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
2 T tomato paste
2 cups water
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp chili powder
salt & pepper to taste
olive oil or butter

Saute onions and peppers in a little olive oil until onions are translucent. Add meat, garlic powder, onion power, cook meat until no longer pink. Add to crock pot with all other ingredients and lightly mix together.

Cook on high for 4 hours or low 6-8 hours. (You can easily simmer this on the stove instead) 

Before serving, add salt and pepper to taste if needed. 

Optional toppings: sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, shredded cheese, chopped green onion, or tortilla strips.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...