Aug 25, 2014

Back to School

Can I just say how fantastic it is to have my teenager driving now?!  Yes, you heard that correctly. I LOVE that she is driving and has her own car. I am still super protective and have her text me when she leaves and when she arrives at her destination. I feel less anxious about her driving than I anticipated though. It's a big, fast world out there and her being a cautious driver helps easy my worry. Her best friend, who's had her license for the same amount of time, already managed to rear end someone (Ash wasn't with her at the time). It brought back memories of driving with my best friend in high school when she rear ended someone in her yellow station wagon. Ahh, the memories.

This school year if off to a good start. No more stressing out or morning arguments about her making myself and my son late because she can't get out the door in time. I'm loving the relaxing mornings and additional responsibility it puts on her to get to school on time.

Ashleigh is in the school play again this year and rehearsals have already started for, Footloose.  She has really taken to photography over the last couple years and even more into video and video editing. She was asked to join the broadcasting team which is a daily newscast that is broadcast live to every classroom in the school.  She gets to be in front of the camera as well as help with the behind the scenes. And, it's great incentive for her to get to school on time since it's the first class of the day.

Jackson is especially excited to start 6th grade because all students in grades six and higher get their own tablet! He gets to use it for online learning, to take notes, keep track of assignments, and even email friends and play games (I'm pretty sure it's the games he's most excited about). He's looking forward to his second year of percussion and can't wait to get started on this year's robot for Lego Robotics club. His uniform options also expand this year.

I think this was the first year ever that my kids didn't complain about going back to school! They both have things they are really looking forward to. As a mom, it makes me happy that they are actually excited about school!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...