Mar 24, 2011

Biopsy

My biopsy was today. It was not fun. It's very scary when your doctor is standing over you with a needle in your neck and gasps. Apparently the mass they need a biopsy of is so close to my trachea that if I move the slightest bit due to swallowing or an involuntary muscle reaction, it can pierce my trachea and cause major complications. The doctor tried four times but due to the location was having trouble getting a good sample. It's not a simple, put the needle in and pull it out procedure. It's in there for a good few minutes each time poking, prodding, digging around. Not fun. Worse part is the doctor didn't think they got what they need so I will end up having to do the whole thing over again under heavy sedation next time.

I do have to say that the doctor and assistant were fantastic but I'm hoping they got enough to test because I really don't want to do that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...