Mar 22, 2011

Parent Teacher

I'm a proud mama tonight. Jackson is doing so well in class. This teacher told me, "he's a teachers dream" He is at the top of his class in all areas, he's eager to help, so polite and everyone wants to be his friend. Also he is reading at a fourth grade level! Ashleigh is at a ninth grade level, so both of them are two grade levels ahead! Way to go guys.

Of course we had to visit the book fair. It was buy one get one free this year. I also had a $2 off coupon for giving money to the school for their fundraiser a couple weeks ago.  I bought a New York Times best seller series; Guardians of Ga'hoole by Kathryn Lasky. It was a set with the first three of the series, which has been made into a movie. Perfect timing since we have finished our last 'bed time' book. After a long day, it's so nice to snuggle up in bed and read a chapter together every night. I'm looking forward to watching the movie after we read all three books. We also bought a  book called, Flawed Dogs by Berkeley Breathed which looks hilarious. Jackson also picked a bookmark (with a shark on it) and an eraser (which looks like a $100 bill). We got everything for about 9 bucks. What a steal.

2 comments:

  1. That' so cool! I agree your kids are awesome! You'll have to let me know if you like the owl books. My brother and his family loved the movie, he even put a review of it on my website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cin, I will defiantly let you know.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...