Mar 4, 2011

Juice/Detox

I just finished an all juice diet for the week to flush my system of all the nasty chemicals and unhealthy food I pump into it on a daily basis. I usually eat healthy but almost nothing is organic anymore. I caved in once and had a tiny but healthy snack on day 4. The first day was only water. Everyday after was juice, made at home, from fresh organic veggies and fruits. It was hard.

Avoiding the temptation to eat was hard. I was still cooking meals everyday for the kids. I had two luncheons at work to attend for awards I won last month (I ordered what the kids would like and took it home to them). But even harder was dealing with the detox feeling while still being a nice and pleasant mommy. I was tired...constantly and cranky/very irritable. I had to make a conscience effort to act my normal self even though virtually everything was getting on my nerves. I usually don't get to bed until midnight but every night this week, after tucking the kids into bed at 9, I promptly tucked myself in as well. I was so tired; felt like I hadn't slept in days. The body defiantly goes though a withdrawal and I could feel it all week.

I'm going to slowly start incorporating food back into my diet tomorrow. Next week, I am going to try juice for breakfast, a raw vegan lunch, then normal dinner with the kids at night. I love that Ashleigh makes juice on a daily basis.. Jackson is still working on it. He loves orange juice so I can juice a leaf or two of spinach and he can't even taste it. I just want my kids to live healthy lives and grow up with good eating habits.

Jackson was taking full advantage of the situation and trying to break my self control. "Mmmmm,  this looks so good", "This tastes delicious mom, you should try some", what a little punk! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...