May 5, 2011

$$$

It's quiet around here. My kids are on their annual spring camping trip with their Dad & his side of the family. I'm excited for them, they will have a blast. However, I'm really bummed out they couldn't do it over spring break because Jackson is only three weeks away from perfect attendance at school this year and getting a special award. He hasn't missed a single day, until today.

Today was my day off since I'm working Saturday. It gave me the chance to organize coupons & go shopping with the kids gone though. Ashleigh has told me I should be on the show, Extreme Couponing (about people that get amazing savings using sales and coupons). I had to add extra storage in my linen closet this month to accommodate some of the great deals I've found. I have to admit, I love a great deal. I absolutely love getting high quality supplies for free, or next to free; some items the store actually pays me to purchase because the coupon I have is worth more than the sale price of the item.



I spent a combined total of $94.10, at four different stores, for $404.25 worth of items today, and pardon my gloating, but I feel very accomplished. If you aren't utilizing coupons.. you should be! It's free money. Either use them, or pass them on to me so I can put them to good use. With all these natural disasters happening it makes me want to build up our storage even more, and I'm thankful that with sales & coupons I can afford to do just that.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's amazing! I should learn how to coupon from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, www.freebies2deals.com is an awesome resource! I visit her site multiple times a week. I went through her to get a good deal on the Sunday paper, which I get two copies. If there is a really great deal, I will get online and buy extra coupons through a coupon clipping service or from ebay.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...