Jul 25, 2011

A Penny Saved is A Penny Earned

I'm trying to get back on track with my grocery shopping. This summer has been a combination of busy days and lazy days since I got back from vacation last month. Not only have I gone shopping without coupons but I have, dare I say, gone without a shopping list and bought on the fly *gasp*!

Last week I did get on the ball and match up local sales with my coupons. I saved about 30% on the trip, not my best, but hey, that's 30% I kept in my pocket. I did manage to get all eleven boxes of these cereal for only $7.26. I could have spent even less on them but I hate buying the sugary cereals, and sadly we all know, the healthier the food, the more expensive it is. I did get a few boxes of the sweet stuff though, it does make a good snack or dessert if you have a sweet tooth and don't have the time (or motivation) to bake something delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...