Jul 23, 2011

Thoughts on 31

I read my last year's blog about turning 30. It doesn't feel like it's been a year.  I fully believe that time seems to go by faster as you get older.  Probably the worst part is that my kids are seemingly growing up faster and faster because of it.

It's easy to get caught up in the'hustle and bustle' of everyday life. I feel that routines make the week go by in the blink of an eye, almost like we are on auto pilot.  I make it a point to enjoy, I mean really enjoy, the little things along with the big. Take in a beautiful sunset. Listen to a rain storm. Conversing around the dinning room table. Feel the summer breeze. Listen to my kids laugh and play together or to the stories they have to tell.  Sing together in the car. Walks on warm summer nights. Going out for ice cream. Playing board games. Time invested in yourself and your family is time well spent. Life is too short to spend it on auto pilot.

Life gets better as I get older. I have many things to be grateful for.  I've learned to let things go when It's out of my control. I've learned to forgive people for their ignorance, and I am trying to avoid being judgmental of anyone. Forgiveness is freeing. It's a burden I don't have to carry on my shoulders and I think the world would be a better place if everyone could realize this. There are so many things we have control over everyday. We have the ability to wake up every morning, refreshed, ready to take on the world and make it a fabulous day.


- Mahatma Gandhi

Cheers! Here's to another great year. Thanks for sharing it with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...