Jul 10, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Rusty and I walked in the front door just after 1 a.m. on Saturday and he was greeted by this huge poster.

The kids had spread out on the dinning room table and worked on it for quite a while before I left on my trip. I thought it was so thoughtful that they wanted to use his favorite colors and things they knew he was interested in to really customize it. They picked the dinning room wall as the perfect place to hang it to make sure he saw it as soon as he walked up the stairs. He loved it.

The next day we got up and headed out to pick up the kids. I couldn't wait to see them. Although the kids have known Rusty for years I was wondering if they would be shy or awkward around each other as they met for the first time in person. It was like they had known each other their entire lives!

They played basketball in the backyard, jumped on the trampoline and played trampoline games, and played on the Wii. Midnight came and passed and I was exhausted, they had just started a board game when I finally had to crash for the night and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...