Apr 6, 2012

Get to it.

The house is quiet. In the last hour of scrambling to get the kids packed for the weekend at their dad's and have them get chores and bedroom's cleaned up a bit before they left, I've been thinking to myself how much I'm going to get done this weekend. The kids are gone and Russell is working for a few more hours tonight and all day tomorrow. I will have the house to myself with no interruptions other than the dog.

Unfortunately, I think my motivation left with the kids. It just followed them right out of the driveway. I'm looking over at Copper who is napping on the back of the couch in front of the window and I'm thinking to myself that he's got the right idea. I have a hundred things I could be doing and even a few things I probably should be doing. At least there is a load of clothes washing. At least that's something.

Quite frankly, I'm fed up with messy rooms. Somedays I walk into my teenager's room and can't even see the floor. My youngest and I have very different opinions on what clean actually means and my kids in general have too much stuff. Cleaning out my kids rooms was not on my 'to do' list this weekend but they can't complain about me getting rid of stuff if they aren't here to see it.

After working, playing chauffeur, cleaning the rest of the house, cooking dinner, dishes, laundry, and whatever else I have to do from day to day, my bedroom is the last of my concern. After all, I can just close the door and no one will ever know. On the flip side, I feel like a complete hypocrite for telling my kids to clean their rooms when I very well know my own room is kind of a mess. Sigh. I need a maid.

It doesn't help that it's a gloomy day. All the beautiful blossoms on my fruit trees are covered in snow and there is no sign of sunshine anywhere. Well, it's probably time to start the next load of laundry. Hopefully folding and putting away what I pull out of the dryer will motivate me to keep cleaning. I think I'll make some juice for some added energy; I've got a bag of carrots, spinach, and cucumber in the fridge and a bowl of apples calling my name. I'll throw on some music too and see what happens. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. I ended up having quite a productive day, in fact, the entire weekend was productive. House cleaned, including laundry, errands ran, yard work done, and fenced and cleared the entire area for my garden. I was quite pleased and ended the weekend with a wonderful Easter with my family on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...