Apr 28, 2012

Holi - Festival of Colors


I could look at these pictures all day long. They are breathtaking. As we know, pictures usually don't do the real thing justice. In person, not only is it stunning but there is such a fantastic feel of unity from everyone. Last year it was just the kids and I but this year Russell came also and it was so fun! Ashleigh's best friend, Kylee got to come with us. My friend Cinnamon came also and her boyfriend with her two boys, and one of her friends and her boys. 

We got food from Taste of India who had a booth set up again this year but the kids actually liked the food this time! We ended up getting three orders of vegetable pakora by the end of the afternoon. I'm sure if they knew it was made with cauliflower, cabbage, and spinach, among other things, they would have already decided it was gross before even tasting it. But they had no idea what it was made with and they thought it was delicious!  The Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple was beautiful and the weather was fantastic. I'm looking forward to going back for the festival next year.

Before & After

You know the saying, a picture is worth a thousand words. So, I will let my pictures do the talking for this post.


 

 

  
 
  
 
    

Dancing, playing, eating, loving, singing, I had a blast! Until next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...