May 20, 2012

Thankful Thursday (Sunday edition)

I am at a point in my life where everything has fallen into place.

My kids got into Monticello Academy for school next year and I am absolutely thrilled.  Ashleigh got in right away after the school's lottery process but Jackson has been on the waiting list. I checked my email before bed a couple nights ago and saw the magic acceptance letter sitting in my inbox. I was so excited, I couldn't sleep. It's a charter school right down the street from my work, with small class sized, motivated and talented teachers who really help their students to succede. Ashleigh wasn't particularly thrilled to move to a new school, away from friends, and having to wear uniforms but Jackson is excited after being bummed out when he didn't get into the school right away.

All my hard work from my garden over the last month had paid off. I couldn't be happier with what I was able to accomplish from a pile of scrap wood. I just pray that it produces an abundant amount of food for my family this summer.

Finances are on track and that's always a good feeling. For years I've thought of getting into the stock market as a day trader and I am finally going to do it.

Russell is doing great and enjoys work a lot more after being promoted to a different department last month. He's been so supportive and helps me out with my crazy projects. He is able to take advantage of a wonderful opportunity to go to Hawaii for a week long drill camp in July. I am very excited for him, it will be an unforgettable experience.

There's always ups and downs in life and I'm fortunate to have everything 'up' right now and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.  Just last week I was feeling overwhelmed and frustrated. It's amazing how fast things can turn around. It just takes patience and faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...