Nov 11, 2010

Overtime

So much to do in so little time. I need a break. Wish I could hibernate for the winter... either that or hire maid, personal shopper, chef and private tutor for the kids. Honestly, how is one to do everything that needs to be done in a 24 hour period?

Wake up, get Ash to school, come home, help Jackson get ready for school while I'm also getting ready for work, drop him off, go to work, endure, off work and straight to pick Ashleigh up from school, help with homework for a bit, go pick Jackson up, after school snacks, finish homework, start chores, work out, start dinner, laundry, eat,  dishes, guitar lessons, karate,  family time, showers, teeth brush, floss, story, prayers, kids to bed at 9 PM... and I'm ready for bed. But wait.. there's more. I can fit in a good few hours of housework, finishing laundry, meal planning, shopping list making, catching up on emails and/or blogs, etc. before I hit the point of no return. Very rarely am I even in bed before midnight.

I was shampooing the carpet in the hall today (my day off since I'm working Saturday) and beating myself up for not doing it more often (why in the world the previous owner of this house installed white carpet, even in the dining room, is beyond me) because they were looking a little..well, not so bright white. Then I noticed the baseboards needed to be wiped down again, and then saw some fingerprints on the walls... there is no end. I could hear my Mother's voice in the back of my head saying "good heavens child,  you have enough to do, you shouldn't beat yourself up over that" Probably true. However, the old toothbrush in my cleaning bucket isn't going to walk into the kitchen and start scrubbing the grout in the tile on it's own.   I just had a sudden flashback to a scene in Fantasia where the brooms all come to life! HAHAHA Nothing like watching a cartoon to help relax you.


So of course I had to find it online and watch.. and post for your viewing pleasure as well. Anyway, other than being sleep deprived (which I am very used to that this point), I love my life. Love my kids, my family, my home, my friends... and work, well... I have a love/hate relationship with that! 

It's only 10 PM but I'm going to treat myself to a couple extra hours of sleep tonight. The baseboards can wait until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...