Nov 21, 2010

A Very Snowy Sunday

We woke up to so much snow this morning!! Our power was off most the night and we lost a big limb on a tree in the backyard, but it was so beautiful to wake up to. It looked like our own personal winter wonderland!

I woke up every time the power would flicker back on. The gift of motherhood has made me a very light sleeper! I would hear the fish tank filter kick back on, or the printer turn on and would wake up every time. Sometime around 6 AM while the power was off I started thinking of how to get through the day with no power. We have our wood burning stove for heat, but was out of firewood! I figured our gas fireplace would still work fine so that would at least keep the living room warm. I couldn't imagine feeding my kids cold cereal in the dark and in a cold house, so I was planning on using the trusty old camping stove to cook up the bacon I had sitting in the fridge, that was supposed to be for breakfast. I knew the old fashion family time with cards, board games, Legos (we LOVE Legos), stories, etc. would be fun. Luckily, the power was on by the time we woke up and not a single outage all day. We've spend the day hanging out in the living room together enjoying the fire, and out playing in all the fresh snow. Great day!

Snowmen!


Oh and Jackson lost his 4th tooth yesterday! Look at that cute toothless grin!

This video is standing in the doorway looking out over the deck in the backyard.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...