Nov 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Special Thanksgiving edition of Thankful Thursday!

Of the many blessings I have, I am thankful for:


  • My Mother. Who has always stayed true to herself and reaches for her dreams. She taught me the true meaning of unconditional love through both words and actions.
  • My Daughter. Who will always be my baby girl. She is open and honest with me even as she grows into a young lady and isn't too 'cool' to hang out with her Mom.
  • My Son. Who is our little comedian. He is always smiling and his giggle is contagious. He's a Mamma's boy and always wants to snuggle.
  • My Best Friend.  Who has been there for the kids and I through good days and bad for years now. He supports the kids and spends time with them when they ask, and helps lighten the load when I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders.
  • My Job. Some days I hate it, but it's been great for our family, allowing me to work only while my kids are in school. My dream of being a stay at home mom might not be possible but this is the next best thing. 
  • My Home. Which we have enjoyed making our own. I love our modern, yet cozy family home. I love the kids art gallery wall, the skylights and big windows, fireplaces and wood burning stove, I love having a garage to park in so I never have to scrape snow off my car in the winter or it be unbearably hot in the summer, our backyard, fruit trees, garden, and deck to enjoy the stars from.
  • Happiness. The feeling of true bliss. To find yourself smiling often for no particular reason. 
  • Technology. The ability to keep in touch with family and friends throughout the country and across the world in a mater of seconds.
  • Sense of Smell. It may seam trivial but the sent of lilacs, cut grass and fresh rain when it's warm and pumpkin spice, cinnamon and pine when its cold are truly things I am thankful for. It can refresh and rejuvenate the soul.
  • Food & Cooking. The colors, textures, smells & taste of good quality fresh foods are small blessings people take for granted everyday. I love making amazing tasting meals, teaching and cooking with my kids, and sitting down at the table to enjoy it together.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! You have inspired me. Now I'm going to copy you, and make a gratitude post too! It was great seeing your kids this weekend. They are both beautiful, sweet kids. You are doing a great job with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Barb, they grow up way to fast! It's no fun spending holidays apart but I'm so glad they got to spend it with so much family. I've loved doing 'Thankful Thursday', copy away!

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...