Nov 4, 2012

Living Room Before and After

I've been on a home improvement tangent for the last couple months. It's amazing what a can of paint and an afternoon can do for you. I absolutely love the my new sectional couch but it left the walls lacking.

I wanted to post a pictures after I painted so you can see why it's my favorite room in the house. This room was an add on to our original house and I'm pretty sure it was done by some very frugal and very creative d.i.y. homeowners.

 The walls were done with the same exterior wall paneling that's on the outside of the house (ugly). I have always hated it. Since the expense of sheet-rocking the entire room was not in my budget, I decided to try my luck at filling all the paneling grooves with joint compound. It worked! After a couple coats and some sanding, you can hardly tell there was every paneling there in the first place. It worth the extra time to fill and sand the grooves.



This room has been a few different colors since I moved in six years ago but this shade of gray is by far my favorite. Which got me thinking and I went hunting for some old pictures. Can  you believe what it used to look like? This was when I first moved in. Looking at it now it might be the ugliest living room I have ever seen. Funny how proud of it I was at the time though. All hand me down furniture and things I had collected. The entertainment center and love seat from my mom, the floral chair from my aunt, and a hope chest my dad had given me as a little girl I used for a coffee table. It has changed many times since this picture but it sure has come a long way.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...