Nov 4, 2012

Parent teacher conference

I love my kids school. I wish I had discovered Charter schools when my kids were much younger.  My kids actually come home and tell me about their day. In spite of wearing uniforms everyday, they like school (as much as a kid can like school). I love all the projects and hands on experiences they have rather than just reading out of a text book.

My kid's teachers know this is their first year at this school so besides asking the usual questions about how they like it, they also wanted to make sure they are settled in socially and making friends. I appreciated them asking, knowing how important it is for kids to feel accepted in a new place.

Jackson got to show of Serpico, the baby snake in his science class. He, of course, now wants a pet snake. Ashleigh, however wants a pet turtle which are the pets in her science class.


Both kids got good reviews and I was told by multiple teachers that Ashleigh and Jackson are great additions to the school.

Serpico has since gone missing somewhere in the school! They now have a baby albino snake and are hoping Serpico will turn up somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...