Oct 13, 2013

I am a Homeowner!

I closed on the house the day after my 33rd birthday. Happy birthday to me! A new house is always exiting but I have come so far in the last ten years that it was especially meaningful to me.

Ten years ago; I was 5 months pregnant, just got laid off from my job and was told by my husband he wanted a divorce. Without going into details, I will just say my house was almost a foreclosure (it was a short sale) and even though we agreed to split all the bills (including a lot of medical bills from the kids) I was the only one paying them. It was thousands and thousands of dollars. I had collection accounts on every medical bill. I had a few judgments against me. I worked my butt off and it took years but I paid off every single penny myself and have slowly rebuilt my credit.

To be in such a bad spot financially with a credit score of 532 to now qualifying for a home mortgage in my name only... is a pretty big deal. I am very proud to be a homeowner and feeling blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...