Feb 22, 2010

and she said, LET THEM CLEAN!...

We made two cleaners tonight. An all purpose disinfectant and a glass cleaner. They work great and smell good. We got a few supplies at Walmart and it only took a couple min to mix them up.




My wishful thinking came true. As soon as we finished mixing up the all purpose cleaner Ashleigh wanted to test it out and cleaned all the kitchen counters! After that she did the same with the glass cleaner on the mirror in the bathroom while I wiped down the counter. The two of us spend a good 30-45 min with two squirt bottles and a couple of old toothbrushes in our tiny little bathroom. I think we were enjoying each others company and cleaning was just an afterthought (since it really wasn't that dirty). But hey, it's not all that often that your pre-teen actually wants to clean.

We also boiled a dish of water and baking soda in the microwave (which steams everything) and wiped it out... which she did most of that too!

*******************

For dinner tonight I made bacon cheese burgers. I thought I could pull a fast one over on Jackson because I make garden burgers instead of hamburgers. After about 3 bites he said he didn't like it much, pulled the pattie off and then ate the rest. haha oh well, I tried. Ash and I loved ours and at least I know he doesn't like them. Next time we'll make them with the organic beef we have in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...