Feb 22, 2010

As I get older.

It's funny how you come more and more appreciative of your parents as your get older. I feel this way about my Mom. I've always been very close to my mom but lately I feel like we are kindred souls. I talk to my mom almost every day. She's always there to listen to me vent or provide me with suggestions on how to over come things when they just aren't going my way. I've had some things weighing heavily on my mind (mostly about parenting) and come to find out it's exactly what she wanted (when she was raising my brother and I).

She has overcome a lot yet has alway stayed true to herself and what she stands for. It's natural for everyone to love and look up to their Mom. But my Mom is truly amazing. If my kids grow up to think of me as even half of what I think of her, I will be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...