Feb 20, 2010

Crazy Technology

I love the convenience of modern day technology but sometimes I wish I lived in a simpler time. I see commercials for some crazy new things. Did you know there are cars that can park themselves now? Vacuums that clean your house on their own? Did you know you can use your cell phone to turn on the lights in your house, raise the temp on the thermostat and get your hot tub ready for a dip, all before you walk in your front door? When is it too much?

I was happy playing with wooden blocks when I was a kid. I played outside... a lot and my little brother and I would spend countless hours stacking empty cans in towers or castles. Now a days it's hard to pry some kids away from the computers, TVs and video games.

I want the kids and I to go 24 hours without using electricity. I think it would be fun experiment. I'm thinking spring would be a good time to try it. I'll have to let you know how it goes.

On a side note.. the kids and I were driving in the car the other day and Ashleigh was talking about all these futuristic features a car could have and how cool it would be. The funny thing is... almost every single thing... already exists.

1 comment:

  1. Update: The kids get 2 hours a day between T.V. and video games. I'm back to only watching T.V. for the couple series that I follow. Much better.

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...