Dec 28, 2010

Christmas Eve



We enjoyed a delicious Christmas Eve diner at my Mom's house this year. We shared it with my Mom & Mark, my Aunt Glory & Uncle Don, Jerrick & Sierra, and my two babies. I'm a sucker for homemade mashed potatoes and gravy. They might very well be one of the best foods on earth.


Later we sat downstairs next to the Christmas tree and crackling fire while my Mom read a couple Christmas stories from her childhood. Then we each opened one gift. (A tradition in our family to open one gift on Christmas Eve, usually a new pair of pajamas, robe,  or slippers, etc.) I got the softest pajamas I could find for the kids this year. Jacksons had snow flakes and a polar bear while Ashleigh's were zebra print with colorful hearts. Zebra print is the theme of the year for Ashleigh because she is completely in love with it lately. After a nice visit we headed home. I told the kids we were going to make a short detour on the way home but wouldn't tell them what it was.



We got close to our house but drove right past our street. The kids were so curious about what we were doing. I took them to see a great Christmas light display. The lights were beautiful and twice per hour there was a show that coordinated dancing lights to music. The kids looked around at the 50 foot Christmas tree and played while we waited for the show to start. We loved it and the first song they played was "Carol of the Bells" which is one of my favorites. They were so surprised when the lights started to  flash, blink and change colors to the music. It was the perfect thing to do together before going home to bake cookies and hang stockings. This video was recorded on my phone and no where near captures its magnitude, but it gives you an idea of how grand it was.









Ashleigh dancing with the lights
 (before getting embarrassed and running out of the frame haha)



No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...