Dec 27, 2010

O Christmas Tree


I love the twinkle of tiny lights as it reflects off delicate ornaments against the dark evergreen. It's so magical. After we decorated the tree, we curled up on the couch in front of the fire and read, The Tale of Three Trees, by Angela Elwell Hunt. It's a beautiful story that has been retold throughout the generations. "Once upon a mountaintop, three little trees stood and dreamed of what they wanted to become when they grew up...whose wishes came true in a surprising way". My kids loved the story, especially Jackson. I bought it off Amazon for a few dollars and it will become a family tradition to read this story while we decorate the tree every year.




I love adding new decorations to our collection every year. However, every year I am sure to hang a set of ornaments I got from my grandmother when I was a little girl. I have such fond memories of her and her house.  The sled pictured above is one in the set along with other old fashion toys like wagons, bicycles and buggies.



No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...