Jan 12, 2011

13

I am officially the mother of a teenager. Holy-Moly. You know how grown ups have always told you, wait till you have kids and see how fast time goes by.. they weren't kidding! Turning 30 this last year did not make me feel old. Having a teenager does. I was talking to my Mom and she said, Hey! I have a grandchild that's a teenager, think how I feel! Haha. I love my Mom. I thank God for such a good kid. I remember, when I was still pregnant, being worried about the teenage years. Granted I've got a while to go, but so far, so good. (knock on wood). It seems like everyone I know with pre-teens/teens are having so much trouble. I thank my lucky stars for her. She may be growing up fast but she will always be my baby girl.


For her birthday dinner, Jackson and I made her our famous mushroom stroganoff (with portobello mushrooms) and since Ashleigh is the lover of all things tiny and miniature we made her mini cheesecakes.

That weekend my Mom surprised her with lunch at one of her favorite restaurants, Simply Sushi, with the whole family. It was delicious (as always). They served her mango ice cream, with a candle and we all sang Happy Birthday to her. She wasn't sure about eating ice cream with chopsticks, that was a first for all of us!





Next weekend is her birthday party; a sleepover (on the trampoline of course). A house full of teenage girls, movies, snacks & decorations.. so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...