Jan 21, 2011

Compare


I didn't order from Bountiful Basket this last week. Instead, I shopped at my local grocery store. Most of the produce I bought was on sale, and the picture on the left shows what I bought. Out of curiosity, I deducted the couple other things I had bought on that trip to see my total spent on these fruits & veggies. $16.23. Compared to the picture on the right from one of our Bountiful Baskets which is $16.50 ($15 for the basket & $1.5 handling fee) Huge difference! I compared a week that had similar items: bananas, apples, pears, oranges, celery & red onion.

62 Items versus 21 for (basically) the same price! I'm so thankful for this food co-op so I can keep feeding my family this quantity of fresh healthy foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...