Jan 28, 2011

Taxes

My taxes are done and filed. Ahhh, what a good feeling to know I have so much money coming back. With any luck it wont be a fiasco like it was last year to actually get my return. It literally took months. I had to open a dispute case with the IRS and they assigned an advocate to my case in order to see why it was taking so long. I had to resubmit everything also.

My summer vacation is only made possible from using part of my tax return. So, I was in panic mode when July rolled around and still no return. Luckily, the advocate came though and I got my return just weeks before my trip. Cross your fingers it doesn't take nearly that long this year!

Now that I know what I'm getting back, time to allocate. Part for my summer vacation & fun with the kids, part put away for the kids education, a bit for the inevitable emergency or unexpected expense, and the rest for the house/remodeling (..and I've had a couple things on my wish list for a very long time, if there's anything leftover).

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...