Mar 27, 2010

The Dairy

Winder Farm is a local Dairy here. They deliver farm fresh items right to your front door. My Mom has had their Milk delivered ever since I can remember. I knew they had a store where you could walk in and buy items. They sell ice cream in the summer and hot chocolate in the winter, and I've always wanted to stop in and check it out. I was a nice sunny day so I took the kids right to the farm to get ice cream from their little (and I mean little) Country Store.

The farm is down a narrow one way road. I didn't tell the kids where we were going and I swear they thought we were lost as I was driving us down this little road. The store at the farm is a little one room brick building and looks about a hundred years old. Theres a few coolers with milk, eggs, cheese, etc. and a few tables in the middle for enjoying some of their snacks.

I bought a gallon of milk and a few ice cream cones, which we ate outside in the warm sun. I'm sure we'll be back many times this summer since it's just down the street from us.... and super yummy! Ashleigh said it was the best vanilla ice cream she had ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...