Mar 6, 2010

Just call me Shamu

About a year and a half ago I bought Wii Fit. (for those of you that don't know, it's a 'game' for our video game console. You follow along with exercise routines, yoga and balance activities. It also tracks your weight in a graph so you can see your progress) I love it. I lost 20 lbs last summer before I went on vacation. But while on vacation I indulged in whatever I wanted... the problem was, I never got back into my healthy routine once I got back home.

The balance board (which is what you use to interact with the game and it has sensors that weigh you) broke a couple months ago. I had fallen off the weight loss wagon anyway but lately I've been wanting to jump back on. I've been eating super healthy and really watching my calorie intake over the last couple weeks.

I used my brother's scale this morning to see how much I weigh. I haven't had access to a scale for months with my wii fit not working.

I was not impressed.

In fact, I was downright upset and a bit depressed. I'm worse off than I was this time last year. So, here I am... 3 months till summer vacation again and I'm feeling like a baby beached whale.

I really wanted to get a new Wii Fit but it would put me back $100 and I was having a very hard time justifying it. In the end I decided to get it. I figured, I would use it everyday. It costs less than a gym membership. Also, with all the money we are saving this month by not eating out I probably wouldn't be out that much more money that I normally would. That just got me thinking...

How much were we spending on fast food or just eating out in general? (Please hold while I access my online bank info...) I looked at my last couple months bank statements.

In January we spent $172.10! I am shocked. $50 of that was just spent at my work alone for breakfast, lunch, snacks, coffee or soda through out the month. Wait, it gets worse... for February we spent $212.02 and $80 of that was spent at work!! I'm disgusted. No wonder I've gained weight... I've been eating more of the food that isn't great for me to be eating in the first place! "Yes, I'd like to order a number 7 with a side of  'add three inches to my waist' and a large 'make my thighs as huge as possible' please".

I went to two different stores earlier today and both were out of the Wii Fit that I want. Maybe tomorrow I can find it. I'm off to ride my exercise bike...

2 comments:

  1. You are a brave soul. Not only do you face your enemy, you attack head on ( with a great sense of humor yet!) I'm so proud of you. I, on the other hand, am a coward. I don't dare check to see how much I've spent eating out, because then I would have to do something about it! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been checking every day and I finally got my new Wii Fit today. They have been sold out all over the valley!

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...