Mar 13, 2010

Salad Dressing

I got this recipe from a friend at work, and she got it from her daughter. It is amazing. If it was possible for a person to be in love with a salad dressing... this would be it. I could eat it by itself it's so yummy. I wanted to share it.

Cilantro-Lime Ranch

1 package of ranch dressing mix
1  cup sour cream
1 cup mayo
juice from 1 lime
1 bunch of cilantro 
2 Tbs. chopped red onion

Mix it all together in a blender or food processor. I, of course, used low fat sour cream and mayo. I also added a little low fat milk since it was pretty thick. I had it on salad last night but sadly I'm out of lettuce now. It would make a great dip for veggies or even to spread on a sandwich or baked potato. YUMMY!!

2 comments:

  1. It's almost 9 pm and I am craving this oh-so-delicious heavenly concoction that is sitting on the top shelf of my refrigerator calling my name with all it's butt fattening glory. Do I give in and reward myself for a week well done, or do I resist. I rewarded myself with a supper yummy breakfast this morning though... how much 'rewarding' should be had before it starts undoing all your weeks hard work? Can one day of rewards honestly wipe out a whole week of being good? I've found excuses though out the day to dip into this delectable mixture. A little with dinner, slice come cucumber to dip, slices of red bell pepper to dip... it's like I can't get enough, I keep going back for more. It's some kind of crazy aphrodisiac for my tastes buds. Maybe I wont make this for a while once its gone since I, obviously, don't have the self control not to eat it all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you were all worried, so I have good news.. with a simple swap of fewer or zero calorie ingredients I can now enjoy my dressing guilt free! haha

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...