Mar 20, 2010

Spring is in the air

I'm excited to get my garden started this year. I think I'm going to get it started inside since I'm planting in pots like last year. I came across this picture and I thought it was super clever so I wanted to share.


It's made out of rain gutters! How perfect for those without much room. 

I want to install a window box on my bedroom window this year. I have great views of the mountains and I would love some aromatics planted there. I know for sure I'll plant lavender but I'm not sure what else. (it gets full sun)

I was happy to learn that blueberries and raspberries can be grown in containers! I will be adding them to my garden this year, even though I wont get fruit right away. 

I'm looking forward to fixing up the planter bed in the front of my house this year. There aren't may flowering shade perennials but I have found a few that I would like to plant.  There are so many projects I would like to get done around the house but my tax return is only going to stretch so far. I need to prioritize and just go down the list till it runs out. If I buy from seeds and start the plants inside, it will save me quite a bit from buying the plants later.

Oh, and I bought the most darling garden labels the other day. They look like these, just not as tall:


Here's a couple cute ideas I saw while looking for that picture:


No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...