Aug 28, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

A few days ago, Sierra (my soon to be sister in law) told me about a local food co-op called Bountiful Baskets. Her and my brother had ordered a basket and asked if I would like to order one too and they would pick it up for me early Saturday morning. It cost $15 and you get your money worth of fruit & veggies. This is all fresh food, picked within a day or two and mostly from local growers. The fruit that doesn't grow in our area comes from small family farms. I had been looking forward to see what we got because the items change every week and are based on what's in season. I was so pleased with what we got! I have to admit that I never been a fan of sweet potatoes so I've been looking up new recipes, who knows, I may come to like them yet.



  • 2 large heads of romaine lettuce
  • 1 container of champagne grapes
  • 6 oranges
  • 17 plums
  • 3 mangoes
  • 4 tomatoes
  • 6 bananas
  • 6 nectarines
  • 10 sweet potatoes
  • 2 heads of broccoli
  • 1 large bunch of celery
  • About 3 handfuls of green beans

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...