Aug 9, 2010

A storm is brewing

Less than five minutes home from spending part of the summer with their Dad, you can tell my hurricane tween is home. I should just start calling her Tropical Storm Ashleigh. It's like she leaves a trail where ever she goes. Hair accessories, dishes, wrappers, toys.. you name it. She will pick up when asked, usually without complaining. But I need her to automatically put things away when she is done.

Famous words around here are, "I'm not your maid" or "who were you planning on picking that up for you?"

She doesn't get allowance with her things scattered around the house, I've tried having her pay a 'fine' for every item left out... and sure, the things get put away.. but not without a friendly reminder first.

I'm almost at my wits end. She needs to pick up on her own... there's no excuse not to. I'm at a loss on how to get her to do that on her own. I am open to any and all suggestions on the matter.

2 comments:

  1. good luck! No advice to offer you, but when you find what works, let me know so I can use it when my girls are almost teens(ACK!)

    ReplyDelete


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...